“The Road to Cleanup” meeting on the evening of July 29th is sponsored and hosted by POWER (Protecting Our Water and Environmental Resources) Action Group. POWER is a grassroots community organization, founded on the premise of environmental justice, that is pushing toward a comprehensive cleanup of the CTS of Asheville Site.
The purpose of “The Road to Cleanup” meeting is to:
- inform people of the latest developments at the site
- provide attendees with useful information from experts in various fields
- make clear the urgency for implementing expedited cleanup actions
Guest speakers include:
- Scott Laseter, environmental law attorney
- Frank Anastasi, hydro-geologist and technical advisor
- Gibbie Harris, Buncombe County Health Director
- Samantha Urquhart-Foster, EPA Remedial Project Manager
- Glenn Adams, EPA Supervisory Toxicologist
Additional experts will be available to address concerns and answer questions. Federal, state and local lawmakers will also be in attendance.
Come learn about next steps and how you can get involved. Get your questions answered, and hear what others are asking as well. We encourage everyone who is interested in achieving a cleanup of the CTS of Asheville Site to attend.
This is a great opportunity to show elected officials and the EPA that our community wants cleanup NOW.